164 Brake Lights

Greetings all,

Alan Lambert wrote last week:  "The 'brake' and the 'two lights' light show up
when I press the brake pedal. This would indicate a grounded brake sensor wire
somewhere, but I can find none."

I've had the same problem and recently replaced the little rubber "O" ring to
create a tighter fit.  I'm hoping that this will help insulate the bulb, and
its filaments, from banging around as much.  I'm also using 2057 bulbs rather
than 1157, based on a post in the Tech Notes section of the 164 FAQ.  Sylvania
says:  "Basically both lamps are the same as far as volts, and design. The
only difference is the watts on the 1157 are 26.88/8.26 and the 2057 are
26.88/6.72. You can use either one, however you should use what the manual
recommends you to use."

I have not yet gone through the manual to check the specs.

Cheers,
Dan in Honolulu
91 164L
93 Spider Veloce

This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.  If you think you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone
(808)521-9200, and delete the original message.  Thank you.