pump polarity, no alfa content

Funny story about fuel pump polarity...

Remember back in '96- the Ford Indigo show car? It was the first showing of the Ford V12 that eventually ended up in the DB7 and Vanquish...

Anyway, there was a big deal to drive the car into it's debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit that January. Well, it did run, and was REALLY loud. But only on 6 cylinders. We got it back after the show, to make it run better, and drive really well at the Australian Grand Prix a few months later. So we worked on it, figured out the 6 cyl thing, and eventually figured out that one of the 2 pumps were wired backward...

Very not related to Alfas, but funny to me. Was a blast to drive...

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm