Re[2]: GTV-6 tires

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 03:13:51 -0400 Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided> wrote:
>  How much worth should I place on
> tirerack.com's review data?  (For example, the Bridgestone Potenza
> RE92 costs a lot more than the RE950, but according their review
> data, is a totally inferior tire--what's up with that?)

the usual:

1) it's a self selecting sample, and so biased towards people who are
really ticked off or people who are really happy. the vast majority of
people who are neither generally aren't inspired to post reviews.

2) best to compare reviews of similarly priced tires. someone who is
complaining about an expensive tire more than likely has similarly priced
tires in mind as his comparison point.

as for conti all seasons, we have a set on my wife's non-alfa (1996 MB
E300D), and while they don't suck, neither are they inspirational.
we're planning to replace them with the Kumho Ecsta, which seems to be
a generally well regarded line of tires.

we have no experience with Yokohama's all seasons, although i've liked
racing and summer yokos in the past.

richard