Re: RTV on Cylinder Liner O-Rings, or Not...?

Biba wrote:

------------------------------
I was about to send in my opinion regarding this surprisingly popular
flame / discussion - then I read Jim Steck's comments regarding throwing
away the O-rings and using silicone only. I particularly liked the idea
of then bolting the head down and leaving overnight to set up. One thing
Jim didn't mention is that if any silicone should squish out, one can
then just cut it off after it sets up.

Man, Biba you must have some little itty bitty hands or maybe something like
those long skinny three fingered jobs the Martians had in that War of the
Worlds movie. Even so, how you gonna get the knife down in there?

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa