Self-centering is usually a function of the caster setting, so I'd check that, along with proper air pressure in the tires. Both are easily corrected. Failing that, you might want to look at the idler arm bushings, which I believe need to be reamed to proper spec after installation. Too tight a fit there would make the steering heavy, too.

Regards,

Dean

At 03:12 PM 8/4/2003, you wrote:

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:29:58 -0400
From: "alfaken" <alfaken@domain.elided>
Subject: Steering Question

I have a 1974 GTV 2000. In the last month or two, I have had the following
front end work done: Garage 1  Replaced outer tie rod ends, replaced idler
arm bushings, wheel alignment Garage 2 (a month or so later) had the lower
ball joints replaced.

The steering is now very heavy and does not center itself after a corner.
Any suggestions what could be the problem?

Thanks.....Ken