Earthlinkers (as opposed to Earthlings)

Perhaps you've received one also, but I received a notice today from
'Earthlink' that my account had been suspended because my credit card
company denied (the automatic) payment.

Okay, I do cut it close at times, but it smelled like a rat, especially
since Earthlink had just delivered it (unfortunately along with about 40
other unwanted pieces of email).

I forwarded it to fraud@domain.elided

I did click on the address where I was supposed to go to 'clear up the
matter'. The address was about twice as long as an eBay one, took
forever, and began smelling even worse - so I hit stop.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA