Re: 164LS No Start Update

Bob:

We had similar sounding problems with our '91 L and cured it by (careful, tech terms coming u) unplugging the electrical connector thingie that is plugged into the air intake box out near the air filter. Plugged it back in and car started and never gave us a (starting) problem (of that type <g>) again! YMMV <g>. Our LS has a similar arrangement (fabled air-flow meter maybe? don't have time to check my car disk just now.)

Good Luck!

Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX

Bob Gauthier wrote:

Thanks Jason and Karl for your suggestions==
Update : This AM I went out to a cold car, and, lo and behold, NO START.
Same symptom== cranks just fine,very strong, but never fires.  I unscrewed
the gas cap, there was pressure in the tank and bled it off.  Still no
start. I also tried the method as suggested by Jason -- no luck.

Left the thing in the garage and went to work in my 86 CRX with 219K
miles-- started right up and got me here no fuss.

Batt voltage looks fine on the gauge--

At least its in the gargage this time

thanks for any suggestions/ideas!

Bob