Re: Sway Bar Trouble

In a message dated 7/31/03 3:26:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Damian writes:

<snip>
>  ... noticed a clunk coming from the left front wheel area upon breaking
and some
>  turns.
<snip>
>  Where the front sway bar mounts on the left hand side had rusted through
and
>  gave way.
<snip>
>   Do any of you know of a shop that you can recommend that can handle
>  these kinds of repairs?

One suggestion:

Tru-Line Frame and Wheel
312 Boren Avenue South
Seattle, Washington 98144-2017
Phone: 206.325.3340
FAX: 206.325.4596
http://www.trulineframeandwheel.com/

Byron has been doing this for a long time, used to work for his dad in this
shop and then dad retired. They straightened the trailing arm mounts on my
Giulia spider in 1976 when the dumb high-school kid driving it rolled it ... I've
owned the car since 1974 and graduated in '76, BTW. :-)

They used to be located under Grand Prix Motors (what is now Ferrari of
Seattle), then moved to their current location (at the very north end of Rainier
Ave, geographically speaking).

They're not cheap, but you can't beat the work done.

My $.02

Tom
Seattle
6310123 (still straight)