Re: Mechanical, ticking sound in Spider

 Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:08:26 -0700 From: "Kenneth
 Casper" <iflyfisher@domain.elided
 Subject: Mechanical, ticking sound in Spider

 Hi All,

 My 93 Spider Veloce has developed a ticking/mechanical
 noise. It is not coming from the engine, but rather nearer
 the front. The noise is pretty loud when the car is first
 started and gradually goes away as the engine is warmed up.
 By the time the engine is up to operating temperature, the
 noise is completely gone and won't reappear until the
 engine has cooled down. Sometimes the noise will stop
 completely when I switch on the A/C and start up again when
 I switch it off. I was wondering if the noise could be a
 bearing in the A/C compressor, or will a worn belt cause
 this kind of behavior?

 Thanks for any input.

 Ken
Sounds like a good place to start, would be to check the timing chain adjustment.

--

jeff clark
82 Spider Veloce