Correct me if I'm wrong, but oil pressure is higher at lower temperatures and higher RPM. Aren't those the conditions in which we would want the belt tightened, not loosened??

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6

--On Tuesday, July 29, 2003 11:56 AM +0000 alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:59:27 -0700
From: "Jim & Michelle Trofitter" <alfajim@domain.elided>
Subject: GTV-6 tensioners

Joe
The factory belt tensioner does detension the belt as the oil pressure
rises. This was done to extend belt life due to regulations requiring
extended service intervals. That being said the last thing I want first
thing on a cold engine is to have the belt tension to be relaxed to it's
maximum due to cold oil pressure. I would just stick with the one you are
using and forgo the oil leak later down the road when the rebuilt one
starts leaking again.                                   Jim