TwinCam Variations

Hi all.  I may be purchasing a US spec LHD  '74 Spider 2000 (I'm in Australia).  I also have a '76 1.8 Alfetta sedan which is in a sorry state with the head off and got to wondering about the variations between the various incarnations of the 4cyl engines fitted to Alfas over the years. A few questions:

1.    Apart from cams and Spica, what internal differences are there between a U.S. and Euro spec 2 litre engine from approx 1974 ?  Compression, pistons, valves ?

2.    My 1.8 has valve cutouts in the pistons.  Are they standard ?

3.    Will a 1.8 head go onto a 2L engine ?  I was thinking I could swap the head over and use the Dellortos (40mm).  I guess they would need rejetting for the 2L ?

4.    Is the bore the only difference between a 1.8 and 2L block ? ie are cranks interchangeable and will a 2L sleeve go into a 1.8 block ?

I am aware the sumps are different and that the Alfetta engine may not mate to the 105 gearbox if the crank doesn't have the pilot hole, but I'm trying to determine just what is salvagable from the 1.8 engine for a Spider project.   Should I simply use the headers and rejet the carbs for the 2L ?

 I will likely utilise the Alfetta brake booster and pedal box for a RHD conversion to retain hanging pedals.  The Aussie spec Spiders retained the floor hinged pedals of earlier 105s, and I don't think the spica will allow room for a RHD steering column.

thanks for your patience

Beatle
Oz