What's that ticking noise?

Sometimes when cruising along, I can hear a clicking from
near the fusebox of my '85 GTV6.  At first, it started as an
occasional click, but lately it has progressively gotten
worse so that it's a clickity-clickity-clickity-click every so often,
but sometimes it's just a simple clickity-click.  Other times,
it's a constant tick for several seconds straight.  I know
that I should probably clean the ground connections (but I
suppose this is a good test to see who's dumb enough to reply
without reading :) ) but I was curious as to what the clicking
could possibly be.  Everything else seems to be working fine
and I haven't noticed any loss of power or anything from the engine
when this happens.  But it does distinctly sound like a relay
ticking away and I can't imagine why there would be a relay turned
on when it happens, other than a FI or ignition relay.

BTW, this happens in daylight cruising down the freeway with the
climate control off, so it can't be the brake lights, headlights,
cabin fan, A/C, etc.  Any ideas which relay it could be, if it
is indeed a relay that's clicking?

-Dennis
Sunnyvale, CA
'85 GTV6