Re[2]: exotic new coolant?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:26:26 -0400 "Dean W. Cains" <dwc@domain.elided> wrote:

> Hi Richard:
>
> Actually they do have a "details" page, which I've linked below.  Check
> out
> the viscosity, especially at 50 degrees F.  It looks like it would flow
> like molasses.  How would the water pump impeller get the coolant moving
> through a cold engine and radiator?  Like I said, probably not for me.
>
> http://www.evanscooling.com/html/npgPls2.htm

yes, i saw it. the graphs are entirely comparisons of the old product
("NPG") to the new product ("NPG+"). nowhere does it compare the thermal
conductivity of either product directly with 100% water. nowhere.

i've seen similar products before; mostly they are targeted at trucking
fleets, which 1) have very large diesels that run continuously and 2) have
massively over specified cooling systems.

the applicabilty of this product to street cars seems highly questionable
at best. at least the other products i saw had their marketing spun
entirely towards trucking fleets, where this stuff might be just the
ticket.

richard