Stripped disty stud

I have managed to strip the threads of the hold down stud for the
distributor on my '77 spider.  I can no longer tighten the distributor (not
to mention the nut that fell someplace where I can't find it).

If you still have Spica injection, remove the cover over the drive belt.
Throw it away, but not before you take your 10mm nut out of it.

Double nut a stud which formerly held the Spica belt cover, remove it and
install it in place of your stripped distributor stud.  Squadra Empirica (and
Wes Ingram) have determined that the Spica belt cover has caused more broken
belts than it has prevented, by trapping many a dropped distributor lock nut
where the belt has to try to stretch over it.

That belt does not stretch.  It breaks.

Studs are threaded differently from bolts, so just cutting off a bolt isn't
really the perfect solution.  I think I have seen 6 mm studs in an auto parts
store somewhere,  but I am not even sure of that.

Peace,
Joe

Squadra Empirica Scribe Apparent
Sono lento, ma sono brutto.