From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
alex csank
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 8:14 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Verde wheels, and other options

From: "John Hertzman" <johnhertzman@domain.elided>

John, you wrote "...the slotted Speedlines (or 'wineglass' pattern
wheels)
of the Milano Platinums and late GTV 6s...".  I own an unaltered '87
Milano
Verde, which has those same wineglass wheels, as do at least two or
three
other '87 Verdes that I have seen.  Unless I am mistaken (entirely
possible), I believe that the early Verdes came with the Wineglass
wheels
from Italy.

Of course, you are the leading expert in these matters and if you have
some
definitive answer about this, then I'd like to know why there are some
apparently otherwise unaltered Verdes with those wheels.  Did early
Verde
owners exchange the 'phone-dials' for 'wineglasses' for some strange
reason?

I like your idea about a 'blacked-out' Milano.  I have owned a few very
black cars.  Although very hard to keep clean, they sure do look
"sinister"!

Cheers,
Alfalex Csank,
Norfolk, VA
'69 Spider 1300 Jr.
'87 Milano Gold
'87 Milano Verde

"There is a very fine line between a hobby and a mental illness."