SPICA to Bosch conversion

Tom,
It can be done, in various stages...

The easiest thing would be to take your favorite Spider motor, remove the trans, convert to trans axle set up on the back, and use the whole thing. You will be forced to add an O2 sensor bung somewhere, but you've mentioned that is not an issue.

Next up would be to just convert the engine you have. For the most part, all the Bosch hardware will bolt up, except for a few studs for the intake manifold. BUT (and it is an important but), you will have to cut out pockets in the head to match the injectors in the Bosch manifold. Plus doing the crank sensor can be a pain... It can be done, as that is kind of what we did when we took a '74 motor and converted it to fuel injection for our Challenge project.

The drop in would be easier. Just get all the wires, connectors, computers, and computer packaging...

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm