RE: 160 MPH GTV-6 speedo?

> I recently read somewhere (here, maybe?) about somebody who had seen a

> GTV-6 with what appeared to be a stock 160 MPH speedometer. Since I
> have a 3.0 liter "s' engine with a re-mapped ECU, I think I would like

> to replace the Speedo in my car with such a unit. Anybody know
anything
> about this?

To the best of my knowledge, there are 3 speedos you can find in GTV6's.
There is a 140 mph and an 85 mph speedo designed for the early style
senders, and a 140 mph speedo for use with the later sender.

I thought the '86 already came with the later style 140 mph speedo, if
you've got that, then there is no 160 mph speedo.

The Verde did come with a 160 mph speedo, but wouldn't go over 140 mph,
so why bother?

bs