Legally binding?

A friend of ours (Hi, Sam) generously loaned us his Spider while he was
out of town.   My wife and I picked it up yesterday, and upon leaving the
driveway she said:  "You need to get one of these."

She knows me well enough not to fool around when it comes to recommending
a car purchase.  I can only assume that was explict permission... no a
demand that I soon purchase a(nother*) Spider for myself.

I'm a lucky guy right?

*I actually have a '76 Spider in storage, it was the car we I drove on our
first date.  It's currently in a state of disrepair, with a large and
unknown storage bill making me hesitant to bring it home.   I don't ever
want another rusty Alfa.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org