Re: v6 plug wires

Here comes the Magnecore Rant,
I think I can actually tone this down a little from the last time I ragged on
Magnecore.
Here goes, My direct experience with Magnecore wires on my 164L was really a
big disappointment. Honestly, I bet when you first put a set of these on your
Alfa V6 they are just perfect, and they look cool. But over the course of a
couple years I saw a set of these wires turn to crap. They seriously compromised
the spark delivery on my car. The rubber boots ripped and got a little warpy.
The metal wire tips pulled right off. The carbor/fiberglass wire cores
developed myriad fractures degrading their ability to deliver current.
Do what ever you have to do to get a new set of OEM wires on your car. Unless
you don't mind treating the plug wires as a "consumable".
If you want to try building up a set of wires from a "build your own kit"
I'll send you the wire ends from my Magnecores. I convinced myself that this
would be a huge waste of time.
I'm surprised you couldn't get a set of wires from Vicks. Did you ask for
"Wes"? He's the guy who helped me. He is a really good guy. I bought mine just
about eight weeks ago.
I hope this answer helps you get this car running again. Having good wires on
an Alfa V6 is an absolute must. They just run awful with any compromise in
the ignition system.
Sincerely,
Jim Oiler
1991 164L (running really fine)