RE: L-Jetronic ECU fragility? was V6 stalling - slightly off topic!

The killer of ECU's is usually high flyback voltages from the injectors.
Since the L-Jet uses a peek and hold (sequential) injection which is very
robust on the low-z injectors, it's a low risk on the unit.  That, and as Brian
pointed out, its analog.

Modern digital units use PWM type which creates high flyback voltage, hence the
reason for the high-z (Bosch yellow) type injectors.  Any spike in the
electrical system while running increases the usually flyback of about 120
volts to over 500 volts in some cases, killing the ECU.

You guys should check out the diy-efi mailing list.   Lots a great information
on EFI in general, with some Bosch specific info.  www.diy-efi.org.   Follow
the links to subscribe.

-Peter