More Generator Problems

A little while I posted that the generator light on my 69 Spider Jr. would
flash every few seconds at highway speeds. Before I could tear into it, the
generator light and the tach lights (same pod) died completely. First I
checked the output at the battery and found that the voltage increased with
rev's, going up to about 16 volts (seems high). So I pulled the tach looking
for a bad ground and didn't find any ground wires. Does it ground through the
tach body or am I missing something? I found about 12v (11.5 or 12.5) from the
wire going to the generator light with the ignition on but engine off. I also
found that one of the instrument bulbs had burned out but the good one still
didn't light up. That leaves me confused but auto electrics isn't one of my
strong points. Before I replace the regulator, can somebody help with the
diagnostics?

Thanks,
Mitch Wolberg,
Denver, CO