Vibrations

I guess one is never too old to learn.  As I have said before, I have driven
Alfas for a LOT of years.  105 Spiders and sedans, mostly.  Every one of them
has had a high frequency vibration ( higher than engine rpms) at anywhere from
50 MPH to 70 MPH and above.  I have changed Guibos, hanger bearings, U-joints
and even tried the hose clamps on the drive shaft trick. All with varying
degrees of success.
Well, after being speed limited due to vibration all the way from Southern
Florida to Virginia in the blazing heat coming home from the convention in my
Duetto, I decided to go hunting again.
It had to be drive shaft vibration and it was time to finally admit defeat and
break down and have the driveshaft balanced.
Since I needed to drive the car in the meantime, I retrieved a used driveshaft
from the attic and installed it.  Then, being the cheap sucker that I am, I
decided on a test drive!
Miracle of miracles!!  No vibrations!!  The mirror wasn't a blur, the shifter
no longer buzzed like a rattle snake and the seat no longer felt like a bee
hive.
I was also getting a "buzz" in the body under slight acceleration around 60
mph which would go away with harder acceleration.  This problem also went away
with the new drive shaft.
Fred would be proud of me, he would!
Skip Patnode
67 Duetto