HID Headlights

    I'm waaaay behind on the digest reading due to an accelerated class
I just started but I had to chime in anyway.
    I installed the Sylvania xenon lamps in my GTV6 a couple months ago
and they work great. The install was fairly easy...even avoided drilling any
holes in the precious metal. I chose the expensive lights for the (low) 35W power
consumption, having experienced the extra power drain  old Italian (Fiat)
connections can put on a system.
   Having said that,  the advice I saw earlier on relays and carellos(?) sound
very good for a two light system.
   About the biggest problem in the installation was finding someone to correctly
aim the death-beams. I ended up going to the site below that has a good procedure
to do the job yourself.
       http://www.autooptiks.com/aiming.html

ODBIS ( old dudes back in school )

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 01:42:58 +0000, alfa-digest wrote:

>Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:36:18 -0400
>From: "Andrew Schwartz" <andrew_s_swartz@domain.elided>
>Subject: Anyone fitted H.I.D. headlights to a 60s Alfa?
>
>I am sick of the headlights on my '67 Duetto (US spec).  They barely
>illuminate in front of me and I'm often not even sure if I've got them
>turned on.
>
>I would like to improve my lighting without stressing the electrical system
>of the Alfa.  And H.I.D. headlights came up as a thought.  They are very
>expensive (~$500), but appear to be dramatically brighter and actually use
>less power (~35W).
>
>I would like to combine this with remounting the lights from the inside and
>fitting the Carello covers.  Has anyone installed H.I.D. lights.  Any
>'gotchas' I should be aware of?
>
>Thanks,
>Andrew
>1967 Duetto Spider