From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
James Ma
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 7:06 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Milano water pump replacement short cuts ?

I am in the process of replacing my Milano water pump. The manual
calls for the removal of the distributor pulley as well as timing belt
tensioner.

Does the distributor pulley have to be removed ?   I don't have the
special tool.

There is a bolt behind the timing belt tensioner so it will have to be
removed. But can the timing belt be left in place ?  Clamped to the other
pulleys so timing is not disturbed. Save some work.

James