RE: shankle weber conversion behavior

Todd Schinell wrote:
"... my 77 spider [came] with a shankle weber conversion and euro style cannister
airbox and I can never seem to get it to idle properly, or rather, *return* to
idle after it's warmed up and driven.  After a long time, maybe like 20-30
seconds, it'll finally drop back down to a proper idle speed.  It likes to
linger around 1500-2000 rpms for too long."

I can only help by noting this isn't either a purely Shankle or purely weber problem.
My 116, with factory Dellortos, does the same thing, and I've not been able to solve it.

regards,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ
'73 105 GTV