Alfetta Update

Today a glorious sound was heard in the Callahan Car Park (my wife's name for
our driveway).

The Alfetta GT (also know as 'The Tart' or 'the upsetter of a wonderful
marriage' or everything-that's-wrong-with-humanity - depending on to whom you speak
and when), after a year of engine-rebuild-induced quiet, turned over today
under its own power. Well, OK, it was the power of the Optima battery in the
boot, but still it turned over!

I heard the fuel pump for the first time in a year, I heard the starter motor
turn over, I heard the air whooshing in and out of the cylinders through the
plug holes, and I DIDN'T HEAR anything bad!!! :-)

I am thrilled. Celebrate with me by offering thanks to your deity-of-choice
and giving your own Alfa a good Italian tune-up!

Tonight I'm putting the battery on the charger and installing the air cleaner
pieces.

Tomorrow, I will be double checking the timing (Marelli-Plex, new to the
car), adding fresh fuel and Mystery Oil, and trying to fire it up. I get to break
in the new cams for about 20 minutes and then shut it down and install the
driveline, shift linkage, euro exhaust, change out the oil/filter, check the air
pressure in the tires, and re-torque the head (not necessarily in that order).

Then I get to drive the beasty for the first time in a year!!!

Then it gets scheduled into Wes' for a proper SPICA adjustment.

'Scuze me while I go wipe this big grin off my face.

Tom
Seattle (a FABULOUS place to vacation in 2005, come visit the Tart!)
6310123 (jealous)
7711615 (making machine sounds on its own, finally!)