Spider engine rebuild completed, grazie tutti!

Greetings Alfisti!

I just want to express my appreciation to everyone here on
the Alfa Digest, my Alfa friends in Tidewater VA and MAARC, my
Alfa friends here in Italy, the various Alfa parts vendors who
provided tips and advice and especially the two Italian Alfa
mechanics, Paolo and Allesandro, who work for Concessionaria
Alfa Romeo Scardigli here in Livorno and did the actual rebuild,
for all the advice, suggestions and references to help me get my
2.0L "74" Alfa Spider engine rebuilt.
It was a long process that lasted a couple of years.  It started
with buying parts, like the 10.4:1 pistons/cylinders, water pump,
oil pump, new Dellortos, etc., then the Carrillo rods, and finally
when I found out that I needed a new fly wheel, many of you responded
with suggested vendors and manufacturers and after much thought
and consultation, I decided on the street version "Rugh" flywheel.
Last week the engine was re-installed and this week the engine
assembly was completed and started and yesterday morning I was able
to pick up the car.  It's running GREAT!  Even though I am not able to
exceed 3500 RPM for the next 300 miles or so, the engine is running
beautifully and the light 13 pound flywheel does not seem to affect idle
at all as the car is able to idle normally.  So at this point everything
seems to be in order and I am really looking forward to completing the
break in period and seeing how all these new parts *sing* together on
the Autostrada.
Thanks again to all, Grazie a tutti!

Dan K.