Re: merging lanes early

Jason,

Not to be confrontation, just for the sake of it, but what do you suppose
you're going to do with someone once you've run them off the road? I'm
curious, because road rage is a huge problem in the US (if not
elsewhere)...and it may be online bravado on your part...but actions like
those you describe (even though they just FEEL right ; ) ) not only add to the
problem, they escalate way out of your control.

Heck, I had a "normal" looking guy flip out on me the other day because I made
a right hand turn onto a 3 lane expressway, when he was turning left onto the
same direction...he hadn't even gotten halfway through the intersection...I
saw him excellerate and HE tried to run me off the road. Taking the passive
approach, to de-escalate, I waved sorry at him...and he took that as some sort
of challenge (still trying to figure that one out) and tried to make me pull
over. I guess he wanted to duke it out. Its hard to escape it even when you
are consciously trying to.

Stay safe, keep the ego in check, or it'll cause you a hell of a lot of
problems. Not trying to be preachy...your post just struck a nerve with me.

Respectfully,

Ted

HMB, CA

------

From:  "Jason Hagen"  <hagen_jason1@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: merging lanes early

Merging early is great/fine, but just don't cross over a solid painted line
to merge  "early" in front of me, or I will typically run you down (unless
you are in an Alfa which hasn't happened to me yet!)...

- - Jason Hagen