electric fan

I need some help and advice.  My 93 Spider electric fans just quit in 99
degree exterior heat.  As a result the beast overheated until I saw the
warning lamp come on and I turned the interior heat on with fan on high sn
brought the temp down to 220 deg.   This happened once before and seemed to
self correct the next time I started the car.  Not this time!.  Any ideas on
where the problem commonly lies. What to check first?  Where is that darned
temp sensor in the radiator?

Craig
93 Spider