From: Zachary Baker <zachtb@domain.elided>
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Clutch Repair
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:02:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I'm new to the group and new to Alfas. I've been reading the digest for a couple weeks now and have read some really helpful bits.
I have an '89 spider that is dripping oil. I will be replacing the head gasket and the clutch. My question is reguarding the rear crank seal which may be in need of replacement as well. I can't seem to find a lot of info on replacing it. I have the Workshop Manual, but.... Is this a one peice seal or a split one? Special tools required (seating tool?)
Any other advice on diving into my first clutch replacement would be welcome.
Thanks,
zach baker
'89 Spider