Re: Stepping out in my 164

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 22:26:02 -0400 Robert Lubran <kentlands115@domain.elided> wrote:
>  But, I also started hearing a little bit of a
> clicking sound which I understand it not good news when it comes to the
> stepper motor.  I stopped on my way home and started it up another hour
> or so later for a short trip home.  No noise.  Should I assume the worse
> and expect I'll need one of these motors?  What is involved?

if it's a stepper, well, it's not hard but it's a long way in there.
plan on ca. 8 hours of labor if you do the full up pull the dash out, swap
stepper motors and reassemble.

1) use the alfa pro gear kit

2) assume that the drum is busted too, and fix that with the alfapro parts.

when i got into mine, the steppers were fine but the shaft on the end of
the drum was split, just like in the pictures. i replaced the gears in the
steppers anyway, on general principles, and the system has been generally
well behaved since.

alfapro is at http://www.alfapro.com/

richard