Coincidence & Stereotypes (with Alfa Undertones)

On my way to my father's 80th birthday celebration on saturday I passed a
classic car dealer near Grantham (Where Mrs Thatcher came from). Outside was a
nice looking Alfa Spider for sale..(about 77 vintage). The registration was
TPH 939S. Spookily..these are my initials, and the 939 also sparked memories
of my fathers Borgward in the late 50s as its registration was MCX 939. Even
spookier..as a joke my brother handed my father the grille off a Borgward
Isabella he had found at an autojumble as a present. I knew nothing of this
beforehand.  All coincidence of course, and no, my wife said I cant have any
more cars till the edifice in the drive regains motive power.(my 24v which is
in limbo whilst my engine people clear their work logjam...they are too
popular it seems)

Re: Italian stereotyping..I take Luca's point, but then none of us are truly
innocent where stereotypes are concerned are we. One of UKs most beloved
humorous columnists  A.J Morton wrote under the name Beachcomber and summoned
up such wonderful characters as.. J.Bonington Jagworth (bet you couldn't guess
he's English). Come on then Luca..whats happened to the supply of water pumps
for 24V 164s? Alfa UK told me there had been a fire at the factory. Did I
believe them?...well of course I did. There are none in the UK, none in
Australia. Di Fatta brothers seem to hold the entire world stock, and I got
mine from TJ Park on the 164 website who kindly sent one over to me from the
States as he had a spare.

It is a mystery to me that some companies like Zanussi and possibly Merloni
have got their act well and truly sorted out in my experience, but the Italian
car industry travels in the seemingly perpetual hope of getting it all right
one day. We are but part of the extended test driving team.

Tim Hancock   Boston UK

164TS
164Super

Nothing wrong with British Cookery....You just go to the wrong places!