105 clutch slave removal

Kind Alfisti,

How do I go about removing the clutch slave from my 105?  There's a circlip on each side that I've removed, and the flat surfaces machined on each side take a 27mm spanner quite nicely -- does it screw out?  I ran out of time to investigate further yesterday, and the Brooklands Giulia-Spider owner's workshop manual is entirely silent on the subject.

Kind regards,
Anthony White
'73 105 GTV
'85 116 Giulietta