77 spider rear axle seal

I had asked a few day ago how much was involved with doing the rear axle seals on our 77 spider. Thought I would let y'all now how things turned out (wish more people would do this actually instead of asking questions all the time... :-) The job was a snap. Undo the caliper and pull it back, I used a combination of a jack stand and wire to hold it out of the way. I couldn't get the disc off, so I undid the four nuts at the back to get the shield out of the way and the whole axle came out, I quickly popped the pin out of the ebrake cable at the diff end.... There was my seal just sitting there, the bearing is on the dry side of the seal. Popped the seal out with a heal-and-toe bar, went in with a 36mm impact socket and hammer. Used a mirror to make sure it was seated. Everything went back ok and I even had time to wash it. Never did get the disc off, is there a trick to it?
--
Carson Damm
Ft. McMurray, AB

87 Alfa Milano Platinum