Re: Spica inlet leaking

At 01:42 AM 7/3/03 +0000, you wrote:
Cats,

I've developed a gas leak on the inlet port on my 79 Alfetta
Spica pump. I checked for loose or deteriorating rubber, and
all seems well; it's tight and dry at the base of the hose. Below
the port is bathed in gas when the engine is running. I removed
the port and examined the copper washer and it is intact with
no cracks or visual deformities. The surface on the pump that
the washer touches seem smooth as well.

Any ideas as to what is wrong? Will a new copper washer
seal up nicely?
Check for leaking hardline to fuel injector from pump. Sometimes they crack and leak when pressurized, but will eventually break.

//kct