water pump

Richard wrote

>I don't have access to the 2000 manuals, so am not sure why the 2000 water
pump
has 3 outlets instead of the 1600's 2 outlets. I'm guessing it's for a
coolant
feed to the Spica pump, which I don't need - so I think I should buy a new
2-outlet pump? could someone please confirm or deny. Thanks.<

The bottom connection is to the lower radiator hose. The middle (small
diameter) one is to the heater return hose. The upper one is to the bypass
hose.

The pump comes in two variants - Euro and US. The Euro one will not fit on a
car that was originally Spica. The lower connection fouls the Spica belt
guard on the front cover. If your car was originally Spica you can either
use the US pump, or fit a Euro front cover, or cut the belt guard casting
from the Spica front cover.

Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC
73 GTV - Webers
79 Spider  -Webers