Oil From the Pan

After a tough, long winter, my 1982 Spider is back on the road with new
engine mounts, pan gaskets (main and lower) and seals (front main, rear
main). Hurray! First time for the novice.

Now, after many hours of work, the main oil pan is leaking, enough to make
a mess every time I park in the garage. Apparently only on one side. Help!

Is there an additive that will stop the leak?
Do I have to lift the engine to remove the pans and then replace the gasket?
Can I loosen and then re-torque the bolts holding the pan?
Should I buy a oil mat for underneath and replace regularly?

Any suggestions very welcome.

Brian Pleet
82 Spider