will literally fly off the road into space. They head for a ditch in the first snowfall of the year (with all wheels locked solid), here in CA, they collide with abandon after the first rainstorm of the season. In short, they don't know the first thing about driving. We need to dispel our collective fear of the automobile before we can become a nation of better drivers, and with our traffic laws being more concerned with revenue enhancement than safety, and the general 'speed kills' mentality of the official side of motor transportation, I don't see how we're going to be able to do that.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0S

On Friday, July 4, 2003, at 10:02 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:14:07 -0700
From: Jorge Mazlumian <jmazlumian@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: ... and Driving in Italia

Andrew and George are dead on about how Italians drive.
About attending a driving school by "Derek Daily or Bob Bondurant or some
such venue", as George suggests, I disagree. You could spend the same
amount of money flying to and spending a week in Italy, renting an Alfa and
driving your brains out. You can even go to the Museo in Arese (for free).
By the end of the week, you would drive like the Italians, especially if you
get your daily dose of pasta, prosciutto, parmiggiano, Chianti and espresso.
(I am NOT trying to oversimplify the italian gastronomic culture here, this
is just not the place to expand).
Money better spent.
(I wouldn't post this at alfaracing@egroupsdot com)

Jorge Mazlumian