Spider A/C belt length, Mercedes throttle ball end links are better than Alfa

Hi Again All, please excuse my rambling.  Dean, thanks for your reply on the injector seals, I check the local auto stores.

The new belt for the 89 Spider A/C compressor is about a half inch too short.  It's sized "13A0750".  The fit is adjustable only by shims at the crankshaft pulley.  13A0800 is too long; I'm ordering a couple other sizes in between but wondering what others' experiences with belt fitment are.  I *suppose* you could put washers between the block and the metal compressor mount to use a long belt... ew.

I also broke the plastic throttle linkage "end joint" at the throttle housing.  A friend came to the rescue with a Mercedes "right hand linkage ball cup" - it's a full metal ball joint instead of just a plastic loop like the Alfa linkage ends, and they're about $2.00 each at the Mercedes order houses.  Just in case anyone ever needs an easy to find replacement, the Mercedes ones work and appear to be much better quality.

is it the weekend yet?  dan in kc, 89 veloce

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]