Re: Dual-Point Distributor to Crane

The Marelli distributer is not a true dual point
distributer, it uses one set when starting and was a
meant to control emissions during starting, after
starting the distributer switches to the second set of
points and runs on that set while the engine is
running.  The Crane should indeed be a significant
improvement.  I had a standard Bosch distributer
converted using the ?Plantronics? (I know thats not
the name but i can't remember the name right now)
system and it worked beautifully, much easier starting
and smoother idle.  I am going to be selling that
distributer including a set of high performance wires
as soon as I can dig it out of one of the moving
boxes.  I will have some pics available, complete i am
looking in the range of $100 complete ready to
install.

Jerry in Houston