1600 vs. 2000 starter in 1750

I'm trying to get my red '73 berlina back on the road with a rebuilt 1750 engine that came from a '71 berlina. It is my understanding that 1750 engines use an 8 tooth starter, but the starter that came out had 9 teeth, and I know it was a swap from my parts pile. The number of teeth refer to the pinion gear.

I do have a 8 tooth starter from a 1600 that spins well, but it uses the two bolt mounting flange instead of the three bolt flange on the 1750/2000 starters.

Seems I recollect the 1600 starter works fine in the 1750, and I'm leaning in that direction.

What is the collective wisdom of using the 1600 two bolt starter with the correct number of teeth (8), versus a starter that came from a 2000 that has the proper 3 bolt mount flange but 9 teeth on the pinion?

Anyone have a working 1750 starter they want to sell - or swap for the 1600 starter?

thanks, //Kct, Powell, TN --