cloth tape

Try "gaffer's tape" from Orchard Supply Hardware, manufactured by United
Tape Company, 2545 Ivy Street East, Cumming, GA  30131 (no part number
indicated).  It's the real deal, like what duct tape USED to be before THEY
screwed it up.  (Although usually I boycott OSH because they don't carry a
line of slotted wood screws.)

>Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:03:07 -0400
>From: "Tim Sheridan" <tds6599@domain.elided>
>Subject: Cloth Tape For Temporary Spider Top Repair ???
>
>June 25, 2003 -- SE North Carolina, land of 10.2 months of perfect weather
>
>Hope all cats present are diggin' the summer with loved ones, friends and
>frosty beers.
>
>Need a proper cloth tape (black) for a patch-up job on the 74 Spider's top.
>Mine's an old POS vinyl jobbie, color black.
>
>tape's gotta have REAL *cloth* backing (aka the "UP side") and a non-melty
>(hot sun) adhesive; duct tape ain't cuttin' it (meltage).  I'm thinking
hockey
>tape's the answer but ask you first if you know better.
>
>Need a mfg/brand (e.g., 3M) and model #, please; company contact scoop
>helpful, too.
>
>Tim Sheridan
>Beachville, NC (Wilmington?)
>74 Spider (I feel leaky)