Winner of $20! for solving "Serious vibration in steering wheel after brake job"

OK, we have our winner! For those of you that don't remember, I sent out the e-mail below to my fellow Alfisti regarding an issue with my non-Alfa car, a BMW 735i. It was having serious steering wheel vibrations....

I offered $20 for the solution and Jeff Greenfield came through! I got many responses, two with the correct answer, but Jeff's came the same day so he is the winner. I am a man of my word, so I will pay up! Honorable mention goes to Andrew Watry who made the same suggestion, but one day later (I owe you a beer if you are ever in Chicago)...

The problem??? It was the thrust bushings on the front upper control arms. I replaced them for $200 ($100 each- arm, balljoint and bushing assembly). Required a lot of work (about 5 hours since I hadn't done the job before and did it on jack-stands), but it works well now. I think the brake job must have changed the dynamics of the system and that is why the bushings started acting up after the initial brake job(different pad coefficient of friction, etc.?).

So... Jeff, send me your address and the check is in the mail.

-Jason Hagen
'73 Spider
'95 164Q
'88 BMW 735i (207,000 miles and running strong!)
'98 Land Rover Discovery