L-Jetronic ECU fragility? was V6 stalling - slightly off, now with even more off!

While this is, as you say, a bad thing, an interesting aside (which backs-up what you say about the system being poor at suppressing transients) is the fact that the G-Tech Pro performance meters all get their RPM tach information out of the same cigar lighter jack as they get their power! They tell the operator to rev the engine first to 3500 RPM and hold it, then press the "OK" button, then let the RPMs drop to 1700 and press the "OK" button again. The computer obviously integrates the noise spikes on the line to read RPMs. It works too. My G-Tech Pro Competition model's digital tach tracks my GTV-6's tach very accurately!

Hmmmm.... the electronics guy in me is jumping up and down at the idea of a device designed to calibrate itself to the likely inaccurate tach on the dashboard, when it probably has a more accurate clock inside to count against!
Heck, you could then use it to check your tach's accuracy, rather than the other way around.. but that's me..

Uh, Alfa's rule!!! (Alfa content)

Jon and Marcia
Irvine, CA
77 Spider