Re: Alternator, Fiat Dino, Ferrari

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 08:48 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Subject: Alternator light

I remember reading something about this subject when I first joined
this digest about a year ago but now I need your help with it (because
I didn't pay attention last time).  When I am driving my 1981 Spider
 at night with lights and radio on, the alternator light comes on,
and thats with out having the fan on (it gets brighter).  I wanted to
add a CD changer but am afraid of any more draw from the charging
system.  Any fixes to this that won't need a loan from the bank?  Will
an atrenator from a GTV or even a 164 fit?  any help is given would be
great!
I added a later model Spider alternator to my '78 after adding A/C. I think it was from a '86 Veloce. Dropped right in (as I recall) and works fine.
At any rate, they eventually put higher amp units (65A?) in them when they got all of the electrical niceties (or nightmares, depending on your experiences).

Another subject altogether, and I never much cared for most Fiats, but there is a gorgeous Dino on ebay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6218&item=2420004874

Anyone familiar with the seller?

I got a friend with more money than me who is threatening to bid on one of this sellers other cars: 1971 Ferrari 365 GT (droool...)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2419863896&category=6212
Aaargh! Can't fail to mention his Porsche 356!
How can anybody stand to be around all of these!? I wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything.

Sorry for getting so off topic. Couldn't help myself.

Tony Martie
78 Spider
http://tmpd.net