Spider erratic idling??????

Replace the solenoid.

This solenoid is controlled by the Motronic control unit (ECU) and opens
whenever the air flow through the air flow sensor is higher than a
pre-established threshold value. This procedure keeps the fuel tank at
atmospheric pressure.

Without it may possible over pressurizes the fuel tank or create a vacuum in
the tank. Over pressurize it and possible blow off some vapor lines, pull a
vacuum and collapse the tank. As you remove fuel from the tank and there is no
way to keep the tank at atmospheric pressure you may create a vacuum in the
tank and possible collapse it. Remember that fuel is being returned to the
fuel tank through the fuel pressure regulator at approximately 45 psig, this
pressure will drop as it returns to the tank. At what pressure it would be at
as it enters the tank would only be a guess, I would think that as it blends
with the liquid it would be reduced to the pressure in the tank. And here's
were I get myself in trouble, I would think that the heat induced in pumping
the fuel to 45 psi would raise the pressure of the fuel in the tank, and with
no way for the tank to reach atmospheric pressure there may be a problem.

I have put on my flame retardant suit, I'm ready for the flames and ready to
learn.

Cordova Ralph
1991 Spider Veloce W/Automatic Transmission
1964 Giulia 1600 Spider