Hidden O-ring

Thanks, Peter.  But I already put the new lip-seal ring in place and don't
want to damage it by pulling it out!  Regardless, when I did have it out, I
couldn't get that lip protruding from the bottom of the cylinder casting to
move at all.  It just seemed to be machined out of the casting itself and
served as a placeholder for the boot.  So were there different types of these
things made, or what?
Darren,
83 GTV6