Help with Spider headlights

   Once again I appeal for the help of the digest. I suspect that my
headlights were installed improperly and I am not sure how they are supposed to be
mounted. My headlights were mounted with self tapping screws that were threaded
into some of  those flat clips that clip over sheet metal. Inside the headlight
holes, I see three brackets with some small, fine threaded bolts that are
bottomed out and very stuck. I see no purpose for those little bolts and suspect
that those brackets are the ones to which the headlights mount with some
longer screws. Am I correct?
    thanks!
      Randy Long