86 Spider speedometer

I found the trip odometer push button (rod) on the floor one day.  I don't use
it so I set it aside.  The speedo, odometer, and trip odometer worked fine,
except for being able to reset the trip odometer.  Then I noticed that the
odometer and trip odometer had both stopped incrementing.  The speedo was
still working and reading correctly.  I tried inserting the rod into the hole,
I managed to reset the trip odometer but still no incrementing.  I removed the
instrument cluster, unsoldered and removed the speedo.  I could then see that
a little white plastic clip had to be oriented toward the hole and the rod
would snap in place.  I then put it all back together and everything works,
for the most part.

Now the speedometer reads about 10 miles and hour low.  If I hold sixty, a
mile goes by in about 52 seconds.

Is there an adjustment?

Any clues as to what went wrong?

Thanks,