Guibos

   Rubber doughnuts ( mmmmmm )  make everything smoother , & probably protect gears & axles from sudden shock loads .
I've always used them in my street Alfa's . However , racing a 1300 GP car , 2 of them broke , even though they were new
& had the shields around them and lightened bolts from Alfa competition dept. . The first out at Pocono came up through
the floor & hit me in the leg . After it broke again at Bridgehampton , we had a driveshaft made up with all u-joints .
Never any more problems . Roy in NJ